The personal loan service can be used with the library user card according with the terms of regulation.
Information about the service
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 19:30 and Saturday from 9:00 to 13:30
Loan time and number of documents
- 20 days that can be extended up to 4 times if no one else has reserved the document.
- You can have up to 8 documents in loan at the same time.
- The process of renewal may be done at the information desk or by phone -93 270 23 00 (ext. 3158)- or by web through “My account ”
- Once the loan period and renewal pass, a new loan can be formalized a week after the return of the document, if there are no bookings from any other user.
Delay in the return
Delay in the return of documents implies not to have right to use the service during one week per each overdue day.Failure to return the document because loss or theft, or if the document is damaged, will imply the exclusion of the service until the user provide a new copy of the same edition or what the library set.
Documents excluded from loan
- All the items from special and rare collections and from Arxiu Maragall.
- All the items with historical, artistic or handmade value.
- The newspapers and periodicals.
- Big items Folio and GFolio size.
- Scores and illustrated items with coloured plates, or with accompanying materials (CDROM, etc).
- ecorded materials in supports not for sale anymore, fragile or specials (microfiches, Vinyl, Betamax).
- Reference works as encyclopaedias, dictionaries…
- All the items printed between 1901 and 1958 without second copy.
- All the items from the Catalan bibliographic production published after 1958, or those without second copy. But the re-prints and copies of CD, videos and DVD’s from the Legal Deposit are circulating materials.
These documents are marked in the catalog as “Only lib use”.
Consortial borrowing (PUC) of the libraries of the CSUC
You can use the service of Consortial borrowing (PUC) with the user card of any of the following institutions:
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Universitat de Girona
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- Universitat de Lleida
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Universitat Ramon Llull
- Biblioteca de Catalunya
The PUC is a free service of consortial borrowing that allows users from any library in the CSUC borrow items from any other consortiated library. Documents can be returned to the institution where the user is registered.
Users can request the documents in situ at the library that owns the documents (in situ loan) or directly through the interface http://puc.cbuc.cat/. In this case they should wait until the document goes from one institution to another. When the document arrives the user receives an informative e-mail. The rules can be checked at: http://www.csuc.cat/ca/biblioteques/pica/el-prestec-consorciat